Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy Pork Tomato Meat Sauce is a simple and easy recipe that consists of ground pork cooked in tomato sauce, bell peppers, cumin and olives then season with salt and pepper.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes.
Estimated time of cooking: 30 minutes.
Good for 3-4 persons.
1/2 kilo ground pork, pre-boiled
1 green bell pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 pieces bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 small pack tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons black olives
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1 tablespoon capers (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a casserole, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and bell pepper.
2. Add ground meat then continue cooking until light brown.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, cumin, bay leaves and parsley then simmer for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add olives, capers, chili flakes, salt and pepper then mix well.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then garnish with parsley. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments