Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy Gising Gising is an easy and simple Filipino dish popular in Bicol region. This dish has a spicy and creamy taste similar to Bicol Express.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 4-5 servings
500 grams green beans, sliced into small pieces
1 cup coconut cream(1st extract)
1 tablespoon sauteed shrimp paste(bagoong alamang)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
4-5 pieces red hot chillies(labuyo), sliced into small pieces
300 grams ground pork or pork meat with fat, sliced into small pieces (optional)
2 cups coconut milk(2nd extract) (optional)
1. In a saucepan, cook pork meat until color turns to light brown and start to render oil.
2. Add garlic and onion then saute until translucent.
3. Add shrimp paste and continue sauteing for a minute or until cooked.
4. Pour coconut milk, simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced and thick.
5. Pour coconut cream, green beans and chopped chili, cook for 3 minutes or until tender and crisp.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper then transfer to serving plate then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments