Filipino Style Recipe: Pork Adobo with Sweet Pea Beans is another variety of Filipino pork adobo, we just add sweet pea beans (sitsaro) which gives a contrast color and crunchy texture.
1/2 kilo pork, cut in serving pieces
150 grams sweet pea beans, trimmed
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
6 gloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
2-3 pieces bay leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste
1 cup water
1. In a pot, combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and soy sauce. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
1. Simmer in a low heat for 40 minutes or until pork is tender. Add more water if necessary.
2. Pour vinegar and simmer for another 10 minutes then season with salt and sugar according to taste.
3. Simmer until the sauce thickens then add sweet pea beans.
4. cook for another 3 minutes then remove from heat.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments