500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1 tablespoon sugar
salt to taste
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup water
1. In a pot, combine chicken, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and soy sauce. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Drain garlic and chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil and fry marinated chicken for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Pour marinade and add water. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add more water if necessary.
3. Pour vinegar and simmer for another 5 minutes then season with salt and sugar according to taste.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments