Filipino Style Recipe: Basil Chicken is another simple yet delicious chicken dish inspired by Thai cuisine. The chicken sauteed and cooked in spicy thick sauce and spices together with basil leaves.
500 grams chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
12-15 basil leaves
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 bird’s eye chili (labuyo), chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
fish sauce and ground pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar and ground pepper. Mix and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then sauce garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken then continue sauteing until almost cooked.
3. Add bell pepper and stir cook until chicken is tender.
4. Pour then sauce then toss until well distributed.
5. Add chili then adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Add basil then cook for half a minute.
7. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.