Filipino Style Recipe:This blackberry muffin recipe has a bit of crunch on the outside and moist on the inside.It needs few ingredients and quick and easy to prepare. It’s another exciting flavor that you can try for variation.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes.
Good for 6 muffins
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tablespoon buttermilk powder
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup blackberry jam
1 tablespoon white sugar
1.In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and milk and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder and flour. Pour half of flour alternately with the buttermilk mixture into the butter and mix by hand until just combined. Fold in the blackberry.
1. In a greased muffin pan, scoop the batter until just about full. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Serve and enjoy.
Filipino Style Recipe: I just happened to have some yogurt in the fridge so I looked for a recipe where I can use it. Luckily, I saw this recipe and I just knew this would be a good muffin. The yogurt made the muffins so moist and the chocolate chip/cinnamon topping gave them some twist. I also added chopped pecans on the toppings for some crunch.
Estimated time of baking and preparation: 30 minutes
Good for: 12 muffins
1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
2 tablepoon chopped nuts (peanuts, walnuts, or pecan will do)
1. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt and baking soda.Mix and set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix eggs, oil, and vanilla until well combine.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the egg mixture in three parts, mixing slightly after each addition. Add the yogurt mixture and stir until just moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips
4. Pour batter in greased muffin pan.
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the toppings. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
2. Bake muffins in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.