Filipino Style Recipe:When you think of healthy food, you would imagine it to be boring and tasteless. This chicken asparagus penne recipe is low calorie complete meal that is oh-so-yummy and very easy to prepare.
250 grams whole wheat penne pasta
1 can button mushroom
1/4 kilo chicken breast, cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain then drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Warm olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute garlic until transluscent. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and saute until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the water on the chicken, cover and let it boil.Adjust the seasoning as desired.
4. Remove the cover and add the asparagus and cook until just tender around 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked pasta, drizzle with olive oil and remove from heat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, stir and serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: I just happened to have some yogurt in the fridge so I looked for a recipe where I can use it. Luckily, I saw this recipe and I just knew this would be a good muffin. The yogurt made the muffins so moist and the chocolate chip/cinnamon topping gave them some twist. I also added chopped pecans on the toppings for some crunch.
Estimated time of baking and preparation: 30 minutes
Good for: 12 muffins
1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
2 tablepoon chopped nuts (peanuts, walnuts, or pecan will do)
1. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt and baking soda.Mix and set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix eggs, oil, and vanilla until well combine.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the egg mixture in three parts, mixing slightly after each addition. Add the yogurt mixture and stir until just moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips
4. Pour batter in greased muffin pan.
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the toppings. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
2. Bake muffins in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Filipino Style Recipe: sizzling porkchop in mushroom gravy is a delicious sizzling dish made of broiled pork chops and mushroom gravy. This is commonly served in hot sizzling plate together with mixed vegetables and steamed rice. I got this idea from one of the resto bar somewhere in Makati City. They served this kind of dish as main course or finger-food(pulutan) together with cold beer.
4-6 pieces pork chops
1 cup soy sauce
6 pieces calamansi
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 onion, diced
2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons soy sauce or oyster sauce
2 tablespoons flour
3 cups beef stock
2 tablespoons butter
1. Marinate pork chops in soy sauce, calamansi juice, salt and pepper for an hour.
2. In a pan, melt butter then broil pork chops for 5 minutes each side or until tender. Set aside.
1. In a pan, melt butter then saute onions over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms then stir cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and flour, stir constantly for a minute.
4. Add beef stock and simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick.
5. Add butter and cook for another minute. This will make the sauce shiny and more flavorful.
1. Transfer the pork chops in hot sizzling plate then pour mushroom gravy sauce on top.
2. Serve immediately with mixed veggies and steamed rice.