This recipe is a twist on the usual breaded chicken. Using desiccated coconut as crust gives the necessary crunch to this chicken recipe and a nice aroma.Dip with your favorite sauce such as sweet chili sauce or garlic mayo.
1/2 kilo chicken breast fillet, halved or chicken tenders
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
2 egg whites
1 cup desiccated coconut
vegetable oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, cayenne, and black pepper,
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
3. In another bowl, put the desiccated coconut.
4. Pound chicken fillet to tenderize. For each piece of chicken, dredge in cornstarch mixture, shake off excess. Next, dip into the egg white. Then, press each side into the coconut to coat.
5. Heat oil (deep enough to cover the chicken fillet) into a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the chicken until cooked, around 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken and drain excess oil. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Filipino Style Recipe:When you think of healthy food, you would imagine it to be boring and tasteless. This chicken asparagus penne recipe is low calorie complete meal that is oh-so-yummy and very easy to prepare.
250 grams whole wheat penne pasta
1 can button mushroom
1/4 kilo chicken breast, cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain then drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Warm olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute garlic until transluscent. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and saute until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the water on the chicken, cover and let it boil.Adjust the seasoning as desired.
4. Remove the cover and add the asparagus and cook until just tender around 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked pasta, drizzle with olive oil and remove from heat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, stir and serve.
Filipino Style Recipe:Garlic Cheddar Chicken is another chicken dish that you can serve to have a variety from your all time fried chicken. It has lots of cheese so your kids will surely love.
8 pieces boneless chicken breast, cut into half and pound thin
1/2 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 pack cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a pan over low heat, melt butter then add garlic. cook until the garlic is tender. Set aside.
2. In a wide bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
3. Brush or dip each chicken with the garlic butter mixture then press into the cheese mixture.
4. Arrange chicken in a baking dish. Drizzle any remaining butter and sprinkle any remaining cheese mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven, server and enjoy!