For the wonton:
1/4 kilo ground pork
2 cloves garlic, ground
1 teaspoon ginger, ground
1 medium onion, minced finely
1 scallion (1 tablespoon), chopped finely
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
a pinch of ground pepper
20 pieces wonton wrapper
For the soup:
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, smashed but not sliced
1 thumb size ginger, smashed not sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot over medium heat, add all soup ingredients and let it boil (covered)for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
2. To make the wonton, combine all the wonton ingredients in a bowl except the wonton wrapper. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Take a wonton wrapper on one hand and brush edges with cold water using your finger tip. Put ½ teaspoon of filling in center of wrapper. Fold in half, triangle shape and seal it tightly by pinching edges together with your fingers. Brush one of lower side corners of triangle with water and bring right and left corner together and press well. Repeat until you finish with wonton filling and wrappers. Set aside.
3. Remove all solid ingredients from the soup and turn on heat and let it boil. Add the wontons simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with chopped scallions.
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 medium onion, grated
4 cloves garlic, grated
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1/2 Kilo caldereta cut beef or ribs
1 medium onion
1 thumb ginger, sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic
white part of the scallions, chopped into 2 inch length
1 can shiitake mushroom, liquid removed, and sliced into half
1 medium carrot cut into chunks
sesame seeds for garnish
1.In a large pot over medium heat, put 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Add the beef, scallions, onion, ginger, and garlic. Keep in boiling and cook for 30 minutes. Remove scum on the top.
2. Strain the stock and set aside.
3. To prepare the marinade, combine the soy sauce, sugar, honey, sesame oil, grated garlic, onion and ginger, pepper and teriyaki sauce. Add the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. After marinating, add 3 cups of the stock to the marinade and cook over medium heat. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until the beef is tender.
5. Once the beef is tender add the mushroom and carrots and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Transfer to serving bowl and season with sesame seeds and remaining scallion leaves.
Filipino Style Recipe:This is a very healthy dish that will surely fill up your tummy. The spice from the tuna and freshness of pesto and basil is a very nice contrast.
200 grams whole wheat Fusilli pasta
1 head broccoli
2 tablespoon Olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 head onion, minced
1 can spicy tuna, drained
3 tablespoon sliced black olives
10 pieces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
180 grams pesto sauce
Handful fresh basil,chopped
Fish sauce to taste
1. Cook fusilli according to package instruction. Drain and reserve water. Set aside.
2. Using then water from the pasta, boil again and blanch broccoli for 1 minute or until the color green becomes bright. Drain and dip into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
1. In a big pan, heat olive oil and saute garlic and onion until translucent. Add sliced black olives and tuna and cook for 3 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and cook again until it is slightly softened.
2. Add the pasta on the pan then pour the pesto sauce. Mix until the pesto is evenly combined with the pasta.Add the broccoli.
3. Season with fish sauce according to taste.
4. Remove from heat. Top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.
Filipino Style Recipe:When you think of healthy food, you would imagine it to be boring and tasteless. This chicken asparagus penne recipe is low calorie complete meal that is oh-so-yummy and very easy to prepare.
250 grams whole wheat penne pasta
1 can button mushroom
1/4 kilo chicken breast, cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain then drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Warm olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute garlic until transluscent. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and saute until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the water on the chicken, cover and let it boil.Adjust the seasoning as desired.
4. Remove the cover and add the asparagus and cook until just tender around 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked pasta, drizzle with olive oil and remove from heat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, stir and serve.