500 grams beef brisket, cut into serving pieces
500 grams beef tendons, cut into serving pieces
1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 small onions, chopped
7 cups beef stock
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 pieces star anise
a bunch of bok choy, trimmed
3 stalks spring onions, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
fish sauce and pepper to taste
1/4 cup cooking wine(optional)
1. In a large wok, heat oil then stir fry beef and tendon until brown.
2. Pour cooking wine then toss and let it evaporate.
3. Remove everything from the wok and set aside.
1. In a same wok, heat oil then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Pour beef stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, star anise and sugar then stir and bring to boil.
3. Add tendon then cover and simmer in a low heat for an hour.
4. Add beef then simmer for another hour or until tendon and beef are tender. Add more water if necessary.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add bok choy, spring onions then simmer for a minute.
6. Turn off the heat then transfer to serving bowl. Enjoy!
1. You may add 3 teaspoons of cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water to thicken the sauce.
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 medium onion, grated
4 cloves garlic, grated
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1/2 Kilo caldereta cut beef or ribs
1 medium onion
1 thumb ginger, sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic
white part of the scallions, chopped into 2 inch length
1 can shiitake mushroom, liquid removed, and sliced into half
1 medium carrot cut into chunks
sesame seeds for garnish
1.In a large pot over medium heat, put 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Add the beef, scallions, onion, ginger, and garlic. Keep in boiling and cook for 30 minutes. Remove scum on the top.
2. Strain the stock and set aside.
3. To prepare the marinade, combine the soy sauce, sugar, honey, sesame oil, grated garlic, onion and ginger, pepper and teriyaki sauce. Add the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. After marinating, add 3 cups of the stock to the marinade and cook over medium heat. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until the beef is tender.
5. Once the beef is tender add the mushroom and carrots and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Transfer to serving bowl and season with sesame seeds and remaining scallion leaves.