1 kilo pork meat with fat, sliced into thin pieces
bamboo skewers (soak in water for 15 minutes)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
3 white stem lemongrass
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 thumb size ginger, grated
3 tablespoons brown sugar
salt to taste
1 teaspoon achuete(annato) powder
1/3 cup cooking oil
1/3 cup banana ketchup
1. In a large container, combine marinade ingredients and pork. Marinate inside the fridge overnight.
2. Remove pork from marinade.
1. In a bowl, combine basting mixture and set aside.
1. Arrange marinated pork as desired on bamboo skewers then brush with basting mixture.
2. Repeat the steps for the remaining pieces.
1. Grill pork over hot charcoal for 5 minutes on each side or until tender while basting.
2. Transfer serving plate and serve with spicy vinegar. Enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: chicken inasal is a popular grilled chicken recipe from Bacolod. Normally the chicken marinade with seasonings then grilled in a hot charcoal until tender.
Estimated time of preparation: 1-3 hours(marination) + 5-10 minutes(preparation)
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes each side of chicken
Good for 4-5 persons
4-5 chicken legs with thigh attached
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
6 gloves garlic, pounded
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon annatto seeds(dilute in 1/4 cup hot water)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons butter
1. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, calamansi juice, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken, cover and marinate chicken for 1-3 hours inside the fridge.
In a pan, heat oil then add butter, annatto water and a dash of salt. Bring to boil and set aside.
1. Grill marinade chicken over hot charcoal for 15 to 20 minutes while basting each side.
2. Transfer serving plate and serve with steamed rice and spicy vinegar.