Filipino Style Recipe: This recipe is a combination of our favorite Nutella and healthy oatmeal. It is very easy to prepare, perfect snack for you and your kids.
Yields: 16 bars
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup original flavor quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup Nutella
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal,sugar, and baking powder. Add the butter and mix until well combined.
2. Pour 3/4 of the mixture in an 8×8 baking pan and press down to make a compact base.
3. Pour the Nutella over the mixture and spread all over.
4. Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 Farenheit for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and dust with confectioner’s sugar. Cut into bars and serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies is a quick and easy to prepare dish. The cookies are chewy, not too soft nor crispy. You can replace the chocolate chips with nuts or raisins for variety.
Good for 24 cookies
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups quick cooking oats
1. In a bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, and raisin then mix well. Set aside for an hour.
2. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix until blended. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
1. In a cookie sheet, drop a spoon of mixture about 2 inches apart.
2. Bake into pre-heated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until light brown.
3. Remove from oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.