Filipino Style Recipe: Easy fried rice is a simple way to cook left-over rice. This dish is commonly served during breakfast together with other dish. Fried rice is made up of leftover rice stir fried with shrimps, scrambled eggs, sausages, peas, carrots and other vegetables.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10-12 minutes
Good for 6-7 servings
6 cups cooked rice(preferably leftover)
1 cup Chinese sausages, sliced
200 grams prawns, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup sweet peas
1/2 cup carrot, diced
2 raw eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 stalks green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1. In the pan, heat oil then stir fry sausages for a minute.
2. Add garlic, green onion and carrots then saute for another minute.
3. Add shrimps and sweet peas then stir cook for another minute.
4. Add cooked rice and soy sauce then mix until rice is well coated.
5. Pour beaten egg then continue stirring until the egg is cooked.
6. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with chopped spring onions.