Filipino Style Recipe: Crispy fried pechay stalks is another easy and quick recipe. This dish is consists of pechay stalks coated in flour mixture, eggs and bread crumbs then deep fried until light brown. The stalks was trimmed from my previous recipe(stuffed pechay). Crispy fried pechay stalks is usually served as appetizer together with mayo-ketchup dipping sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 8-10 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
3 cups pechay(bok choy) stalks, cut into biting size
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
cooking oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper then mix well. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs then whisk well. Set aside.
1. Dredge each stalk in flour mixture and shake off to remove excess flour.
2. Dip in egg mixture and press into bread crumbs to coat.
3. Repeat then procedure for remaining pieces.
1. In a deep pan, heat oil then deep fry coated stalks for a minute or until light brown.
2. Drain on paper towels then serve with mayo-ketchup sauce.