Filipino Style Recipe: Pork pochero is a classic tomato-based Filipino dish. Pochero have lots of variations such as pork, chicken, or beef. In this dish the pork cooked with tomato sauce together with cardava bananas(saba), green beans, cabbage and other vegetables.
Estimated time of preparation: 15-20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo pork liempo, cut into serving pieces
1/2 head garlic, chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
4 pieces saba, sliced diagonally
1 small bundle, green beans, trimmed
1/2 small cabbage, quartered
1/2 cup tomato sauce
3-4 cups water
1 tbsp. peppercorns
salt and sugar to taste
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup fish sauce(patis)(optional)
1 red bell pepper, cut into cubed(optional)
2 potatoes, quartered(optional)
1 bundle pechay, trimmed(optional)
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add pork and stir cook until color changes and start to sizzle.
3. Add tomato sauce, water and peppercorns then stir and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until pork is tender.(Add more water as necessary).
4. Add potato and simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until potato are tender.
5. Add in banana and the other vegetables, cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
6. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce, salt and sugar according to taste.
7. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
1. You may also add Hunt’s Pork & Beans.
Powered by Facebook Comments