Filipino Style Recipe: lumpiang sariwa(fresh spring roll) recipe is a Filipino vegetable dish, basically it composed of shredded fresh vegetables wrapped in thinner-than-crepe wrapper, topped with sauce, finely chopped nuts and minced garlic. Some variations of this dish are lumpiang hubad and lumpiang ubod. If you’re health conscious , you should try this healthy recipe. Share and enjoy!
Lumpia Sariwa Filling
1/2 cup ground pork
1/4 cup shrimp, chopped
1/4 cup cooked ham, chopped(optional)
2 cups carrots, shredded
2 cups cabbage, shredded
2 cups water chestnuts(sayote) or turnips(singkamas), shredded
1 cup baguio beans, shredded(optional)
1 tablespoon onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup ground peanuts
butter or cooking oil
Salt to taste
Lumpia Sariwa Sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup chicken broth or water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic; minced
Cook the Filling:
1. In a saucepan, heat butter and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add ground pork, ham and shrimp. Simmer until it changes color.
3. Season with soy sauce and sugar.
4. Add vegetables and continue cooking until it is half-done.
5. Adjust seasoning with salt according to taste. Set aside.
How to make the Lumpia Sariwa Sauce:
1. In a saucepan, pour chicken broth and bring to boil.
2. Add sugar and soy sauce then mix well.
3. Dilute the cornstarch in water and pour in the saucepan.
2. Boil in a very low fire, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
3. Add the garlic. Set aside.
To Wrap the Filling:
1. On top of the lumpia wrapper, place a leaf of lettuce and 3 tablespoons of the mixture.
2. You may roll up folding one end and leaving other open or just roll up and place in the platter.
3. Garnish with sauce and minced peanuts.
Powered by Facebook Comments