Filipino Style Recipe: lechon paksiw is another simple and easy Filipino pork dish. This dish is a way to re-cook leftover roasted pork(lechon) in a blend of lechon sauce, vinegar, garlic and some spices.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo lechon meat, cut into serving pieces
1/4 cup lechon sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon peppercorn
1 bay leaf(laurel)
2 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup liver spread(optional)
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
salt to taste
1. In a cooking pot, heat lechon meat until start to render oil then saute garlic and onions.
2. Pour water then add peppercorn and bay leaf then bring to boil.
3. Add the vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the sugar, liver spread and lechon sauce then simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Adjust seasoning with salt then stir.
8. Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments