Filipino Style Recipe: adobong isda or fish adobo recipe is another simple yet delicious dish. Usually the fish marinade, fried then simmer in a blend of soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1 medium-sized fish(milkfish, tuna, salmon), sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup vinegar
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion, minced(optional)
1 thumb-sized ginger, minced(optional)
1 small bay leaf (optional)
1 red chili, sliced diagonally(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine fish, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. Marinate for an hour in the refrigerator. Drain fish and reserve the marinade.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the fish until golden brown on both sides. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute the garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Pour marinade then bring to boil.
3. Add fried fish and bay leaf then simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Adjust the taste according to taste.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments