Filipino Style Recipe: salt and pepper fried tofu is popular in Chinese cuisine. Normally tofu coated with cornstarch then deep fried. Sauteed with garlic, spring onions and chili pepper.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes. Good for 2 persons
100grams fresh tofu
3 gloves garlic, minced
2 pieces red chili, chopped
1 tablespoon spring onion, chopped
vegetable oil for frying
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cornstarch
1. In a bowl, pour water with salt and soak tofu for 15 minutes.
2. In another bowl, add cornstarch and add tofu. Coat evenly.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil and deep fry tofu for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, spring onions and red chili.
2. Add fried tofu and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove form heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve.
1. You may also add green bell pepper if desired.
Powered by Facebook Comments