Filipino Style Recipe: Shrimp and corn soup is a creamy soup dish that usually served during rainy season. Shrimp, corn and potatoes cook in coconut milk which has a creamy and tasty flavor.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
200 grams medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup coconut milk
1 large potato, diced
1 onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
spring onion for garnishing(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil then stir fry shrimp for a minute. Strain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, fry potatoes until light brown. Strain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, reduce oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add coconut milk, water, potatoes and corn then simmer for 2 minutes
3. Add shrimps then season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for another minute then transfer to serving plate, garnish with spring onion. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments