Filipino Style Recipe: Pineapple prawns in coconut milk is a quick and delicious shrimp strew. The prawns cooked in a few minutes in coconut milk, pineapple juice, turmeric and curry powder together with pineapple chunks and fried eggplants.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-25 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
12 pieces tiger prawns, head and shells intact or removed
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 teaspoon green curry paste
3 bird’s eye chilis(labuyo)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder(luyang dilaw)
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 eggplant, halves and sliced(optional)
1. In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil and fry eggplant. Drain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add green curry paste and turmeric powder then stir.
2. Pour coconut milk then bring to boil over low heat.
3. Add pineapple, pineapple juice, chili and prawns then cook for 3 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper then add fried eggplant.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments