Filipino Style Recipe: pinaputok na tilapia is a grilled/fried stuffed fish, popular on every occasion served as finger food(pulutan). Like Grilled Stuffed Milkfish, tilapia comes grilled or fried with onions and tomatoes inside then wrapped with banana leaves or aluminum foil.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 1-2 persons
1 large tilapia
4 tomatoes, diced
2 onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
banana leaves or aluminum foil for wrapping
1. Scale and clean the fish.
2. With a sharp knife, slits the fish both side.
3. Rub the skin with salt. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Stuff the mixture inside the fish.
3. Grease the banana leaf with butter then wrap the fish tightly.
4. Grill or fry the fish for about 10 minutes each side or until fish is tender.
5. Serve with soy sauce and calamansi.
Powered by Facebook Comments