Filipino style recipe: chicken pochero is another chicken-tomato-based dish that commonly served by Filipinos. This is similar to pork pochero and beef pochero. Normally chicken cooked with tomato sauce together with cardava bananas(saba), potatoes, green beans, cabbage and bok choy.
Estimated time of preparation: 10-15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
4 potatoes, cut into cubes
3 pieces banana(saba), sliced halves
200 grams tomato sauce
4 garlic gloves, chopped
1 small onion, quartered
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
5 cups water
1 small bundle, green beans, trimmed
1 small chinese cabbage or bok choy(pechay), cut into serving pieces
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 chicken cube(Bouillon cube)
fish sauce or salt to taste
1. In a bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. In a pan, heat oil then stir fry potatoes and banana until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken then stir fry chicken until color turns to golden brown.
3. Add tomato sauce, water, chicken cube and peppercorns. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add fried potatoes and bananas, and the other vegetables, cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
5. Season with sugar and salt according to taste.
6. Transfer to serving plate, serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments