Filipino Style Recipe: beef stroganoff is a Russian dish consists of beef strips and mushrooms served with sour cream. It became popular to Filipino cuisine and some other countries. Normally the beef sauteed and cooked with mushrooms in a blend of sour cream and seasonings.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo beef tenderloin or sirloin, cut into large strips
1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons cornstarch(dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, melt butter and stir fry marinated beef for 3 minutes or until brown and tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, add butter and saute onion and mushroom until golden brown.
3. Add stir-fried beef, sour cream, salt and pepper. Simmer in a low heat for 3 minutes. Stir constantly.
4. Add dissolved cornstarch and stir for another minute or until thicken.
5. Remove from heat then serve hot with bread, pasta or rice.
1. You may also add condensed cream of mushroom soup if you prefer.
2. You may also used yogurt instead of sour cream.
Powered by Facebook Comments