4 pieces pork chops
a dash of salt and pepper
1 cup cream of mushroom soup
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Chopped parsley for garnishing
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 white onion, diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce or oyster sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in 4 tablespoons water)
2 cups beef stock
1. Season pork chops with a dash of salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
1. In a pan, melt butter then saute onions over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms then stir cook for 3 minutes until light brown.
3. Add beef stock and soy sauce then bring to boil.
4. Add dissolved cornstarch, stir constantly until the sauce becomes thick.
5. Add cream of mushroom soup then mix until well blended. Keep warm and set aside.
1. In a pan, melt butter then fry pork chops until brown and tender.
2. Transfer into serving plate then pour sauce on top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Filipino Style Recipe: Creamy Beef Stroganoff Pasta is a creamy pasta dish made of beef strips and mushrooms cooked in creamy white sauce. This is commonly serve in any occasion or mid-afternoon snack. The creamy beef stroganoff can also be serve together with pasta or steamed rice.
1/2 kilo spaghetti pasta
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, cut into strips
1 can sliced mushroom, drained
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup red wine
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups water
1 beef bouillon
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 pack (9 oz) cream cheese, softened
1. Prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. Marinate beef strips into the red wine, salt and pepper for 15 minutes. Drain beef and reserve the marinade.
2. In a large pan, heat oil then put the beef until browned around 10-15 minutes. Transfer browned beef into a plate.
1. Using the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
2. Saute onion and garlic until translucent then add the mushroom and cook for 5-8 minutes. Transfer into another plate.
1. In the same pan, melt the remaining butter then whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat for around 5 minutes.
2. Add water and beef bouillon then let it boil while stirring constantly.
3. Pour the marinade then add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
4. Add the mushroom and beef, cover then simmer until meat is tender around 1 hour.
5. When you are about to serve, stir in the cream cheese and sour cream and cook for 5 minutes.
6. In a serving plate, prepare pasta then top with a generous creamy beef stroganoff. Sprinkle with chopped spring onion. Enjoy.
Filipino Style Recipe: beef stroganoff is a Russian dish consists of beef strips and mushrooms served with sour cream. It became popular to Filipino cuisine and some other countries. Normally the beef sauteed and cooked with mushrooms in a blend of sour cream and seasonings.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo beef tenderloin or sirloin, cut into large strips
1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons cornstarch(dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, melt butter and stir fry marinated beef for 3 minutes or until brown and tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, add butter and saute onion and mushroom until golden brown.
3. Add stir-fried beef, sour cream, salt and pepper. Simmer in a low heat for 3 minutes. Stir constantly.
4. Add dissolved cornstarch and stir for another minute or until thicken.
5. Remove from heat then serve hot with bread, pasta or rice.
1. You may also add condensed cream of mushroom soup if you prefer.
2. You may also used yogurt instead of sour cream.