Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken Bicol express is another variety of popular Bicol express which has a creamy and spicy flavor. Like the usual Bicol express made of pork meat, chicken is saute until brown then cook in coconut milk and shrimp paste together with green chili and red chili.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
3/4 kilo chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup long green peppers(siling pangsigang) or baguio beans, cut diagonally
3 cups coconut milk
1 tablespoon sauteed shrimp paste(bagoong alamang)
3 cloves garlic; minced
1 small onion; chopped
3 pieces red chili(siling labuyo)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Fish sauce or salt to taste
1. In a bowl with water and salt, soak green peppers for 30 minutes then rinse and drain.
1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken then continue sauteing until colors turn to brown.
3. Add the shrimp paste and ground pepper then stir for another minute.
4. Pour coconut milk then bring to a boil until reduced.
5. Add the green peppers and red chili then season with salt according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments