Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong tokwa’t baboy or pork and tofu adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo. This dish is similar to usual tokwa’t baboy and pork adobo which we used firm tofu as meat extender . The procedures is simple, we fried tofu until brown and marinate pork then cooked and simmered soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and sugar until tender.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1 tablespoon sugar
1. In a bowl, combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, sugar and soy sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil then fry tokwa until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a same pan, fry marinated pork until brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, Add pork, marinade, oyster sauce and water then simmer until tender. Add water if necessary.
2. Pour vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste.
3. Add fried tokwa then stir cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is reduce.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments