Filipino Style Recipe: Longganisa hamonado is another variety of popular Filipino sausage which has a sweeter taste compare to other longganisa. Usually this dish is consists of ground pork, Prague powder, sugar, paprika and salt then stuffed into hog casings. This dish is commonly fried until golden brown.
1 kilo ground pork(30% fat)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon Prague powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, Prague powder, paprika and salt then mix well.
2. Add ground pork then mix well until well blended using hand.
3. Stuff the hog casings with filling then knot into serving pieces using cotton string.
4. Dry under the sun for 1-2 hours then place in a fridge overnight.
1. In a frying pan, heat a little oil then fry longganisa until cook and golden brown. Drain and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments