Filipino Style Recipe: Sauteed French beans and sausage is another simple yet delicious dish. It is consist of french beans and Chinese sausage cooked together in oyster sauce and delicious spices. The sauce should be naturally thick and oily but this is very delicious.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1/4 kilo french beans, trimmed
2 pieces Chinese Sausages, sliced diagonally
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and red bell pepper.
2. Add Chinese Sausage then stir cook until light brown.
3. Add french beans and oyster sauce then continue cooking for 3 minutes.
4. Add chili flakes, salt and pepper according to taste then cook for another minute.
5. Transfer to serving plate then serve immediately.
Filipino Style Recipe: Shrimp and Sausage Pasta is another simple yet delicious pasta dish that is made of sauteed shrimp, sausage, tomatoes and herbs then toss together in pasta drizzle with olive oil.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 4-5 persons
500 grams linguine or spaghetti pasta
250 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined
150 grams Chinese sausage, cut into thin slices diagonally
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 head garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
1/2 tablespoon ginger powder
1/4 cup coriander or parsley
a dash of chili flakes
4 tablespoons olive oil
fish sauce and pepper
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Reserve 1/8 cup pasta water. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil then stir cook sausage until browned.
2. Add shrimp and cook until color turns to pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
1. In a same pan, saute garlic, onion and tomatoes until softened.
2. Add chili flakes, shrimp, sausage, ginger powder, coriander, fish sauce and pepper to taste.
3. Add pasta, pasta water and olive oil then toss to coat evenly.
4. Transfer to serving plate, top garnish with remaining coriander. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Skinless Longanisa is a Filipino sausage traditionally made of ground pork then seasoned with herbs and spices. There are several varieties of Filipino sausages and the most popular are sweet hamonado and garlicky flavor with different shapes and sizes.
Estimated time of preparation: 30-40 minutes(plus chilling time)
Estimated time of cooking: 10 minutes
Good for 24 pieces
1 kilo ground pork(20% fat)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 head garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
cooking oil for frying
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients then add ground pork and fat. Mix well then refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. In a 5 x 5 inches wax paper, scoop about 2 tablespoons of mixture then mold into sausage shape.
3. Repeat the procedure to the remaining pieces then arrange in a container and refrigerate before cooking.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry longganisa until fully cooked. Drain.
2. Transfer to serving plate then serve with garlic rice and sunny side-up egg.
Filipino Style Recipe: Longganisa hamonado is another variety of popular Filipino sausage which has a sweeter taste compare to other longganisa. Usually this dish is consists of ground pork, Prague powder, sugar, paprika and salt then stuffed into hog casings. This dish is commonly fried until golden brown.
1 kilo ground pork(30% fat)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon Prague powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, Prague powder, paprika and salt then mix well.
2. Add ground pork then mix well until well blended using hand.
3. Stuff the hog casings with filling then knot into serving pieces using cotton string.
4. Dry under the sun for 1-2 hours then place in a fridge overnight.
1. In a frying pan, heat a little oil then fry longganisa until cook and golden brown. Drain and serve.