Filipino Style Recipe: honey sesame chicken is another mouth-watering chicken dish that is commonly served in Chinese restaurants. The chicken comes fried in a crispy batter then tossed in a sweet honey-sesame sauce and served with sprinkled sesame seeds.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1 raw egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoons sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons cornstarch(dissolved in 3/4 cup water)
2 tablespoons ketchup(optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine the chicken and coating ingredients then stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and deep fry chicken for about 7 minutes or until color turns to golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat sesame oil then saute ginger and garlic.
2. Add the rest of sauce ingredients then simmer while keep stirring until slightly thickens. Turn off heat.
3. Add chicken pieces then toss to coat. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Powered by Facebook Comments