Filipino Style Recipe: kinilaw na dilis is another variety of raw fish salad made of fresh anchovies fillet mixed with vinegar, chili, onion, ginger, calamansi juice, salt and pepper. This dish is another Filipino delicacy and usually served as appetizer or pulutan. Make sure it is fresh because the taste of kinilaw is depends on the freshness of the fish.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus chilling time)
1/2 kilo anchovies(dilis)
6 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
1 large white onion, chopped
3 tablespoons minced ginger
1 red bell pepper, slice thinly
3 pieces red or green chili(siling labuyo), chopped(optional)
spring onion for garnishing(optional)
1/4 tablespoon sugar(optional)
1/2 cup vinegar for washing
salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove the heads of the fish then split the body into two and discard the bones and innards.
2. Repeat the procedure for the remaining fish then rinse and drain.
1. In a bowl, combine fish fillet and vinegar then mix. Let stand for 5 minutes then drain vinegar.
2. Add the remaining ingredients then mix well.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve chilled.
Powered by Facebook Comments