Filipino Style Recipe: Diablo Penne is a popular tomato-based Italian pasta made of Penne cooked together with Italian sausage in olive oil, tomatoes, red chili, basil and other herbs. Served with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
300 grams Penne pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 big can(350 grams) chopped tomatoes
100 grams tomato paste (optional)
100 grams sliced mushroom
200 grams hot Italian sausage, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
1. In a skillet, heat oil then cook sausage and mushroom until evenly brown.
2. Add garlic and onion then sauce until translucent.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and red chili flakes then sauce for 3 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt and pepper then simmer until nice thick sauce.
5. Add precooked pasta then carefully stir until pasta is well coated.
6. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty bread.
Powered by Facebook Comments