Filipino Style Recipe: Pineapple Pork with Coconut Milk (Pininyahang baboy sa Gata) is another delicious dish that is commonly served by Filipinos. The pork is simmer and cook in coconut milk and pineapple juice together with pineapple chunks, fresh vegetables, and spices. The tender of pork, the sweet and sour flavor of pineapple and creamy taste of coconut milk makes the dish irresistible. This is truly a mouth-watering dish.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo pork belly, cut into serving pieces
2/3 cup pineapple chunks
1 cup coconut milk
1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 medium carrot, cut into cubes
1 medium potatoes, cut into cubes(optional)
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. In a skillet, heat cooking oil and fry carrots and potatoes until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. Reduce oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add pork then continue sauteing until light brown. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
3. Pour coconut milk and pineapple juice then simmer for 20 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add water if necessary.
4. Add carrots, potatoes and bell pepper then simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Add pineapple chunks, soy sauce and fish sauce according to taste then simmer for another minute.
6. Remove from the heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments