1 teaspoon white vinegar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup butter (cold)
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
4 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Dissolve vinegar in evaporated milk and set aside. In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugars, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and gently mix. Pour half of the milk mixture and gently mix. Pour the remaining wet ingredients then milk mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Pour batter in prepared cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill only halfway as the batter will rise when baked.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar until well incorporated. Add the cocoa powder and continue beating until the mixture becomes soft.
Powered by Facebook Comments