Filipino Style Recipe: tortang talong or eggplant omelet recipe is an easy healthy breakfast recipe. It is consists of broiled eggplants then peel off the skin and dip in egg mixture before frying.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 4 servings
4 medium-sized eggplants(talong)
3 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Broil eggplants until skin are charred and blister.
2. Let it cool then peel off the skin and retain the crown and the stem.
1. In a large plate, flatten the eggplant using fork.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Dip each eggplant one at a time into egg mixture.
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry eggplant(dipped in egg mixture) until both sides are golden brown.
Drain on paper towels. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: binagoongang baboy or sauteed pork in shrimp paste is another popular Filipino dish. The pork pre-boil and saute until light brown then cook in shrimp paste and chili peppers. This is usually serve together with fried eggplants and has a salty-sweet and spicy flavor. Some adds coconut milk for more flavor and creamy taste.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 4-5 persons
1 kg pork liempo or any other part with fat(cut into chunk cubes)
1/2 cup bagoong alamang (pre-sauteed salted shrimp paste)
1/2 head garlic, minced
1 large size onion, chopped
2 large size tomatoes, chopped
3 pcs. bay leaf
1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
4 chili peppers(labuyo), chopped
1/2 cup vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 large eggplant; cut in slices
1. In the frying pan, fry eggplants until color turn to brown. Put in the strainer and set aside.
1. In a pan, place pork, water, bay leaf and peppercorns then boil in a low heat for 20 minutes or until tender. Add more water if necessary.
2. Stir fry until start to render oil and color turns to light brown. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, saute garlic, onion, chili peppers and tomatoes until soft.
2. Add pork and shrimp paste then stir cook for 5 minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
3. Add vinegar and brown sugar then continue cooking for another 5 minutes in low fire.
4. Add fried eggplants then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice