Filipino Style Recipe: green mango shake or green mango milkshake is another sweet, creamy and refreshing beverage. This beverage is made of green mango, sugar and cubed ice. Some added powdered or evaporated milk for creamy consistency. Green mango shake is similar to mango shake and best to serve during summer season.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-8 minutes
2 green mangoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 cup powdered milk(optional)
2 tablespoons sugar or other sweetener to taste
1 cup ice cubes
1. In a blender, process green mango, milk, and sugar until blended.
2. Add ice and blend until smooth, add more sugar if needed.
3. Pour into glasses then served cold.
Filipino Style Recipe: atchara, achara or atsara is a popular Filipino side dish made of grated green papaya. This is usually serve as side dish together with grilled or fried food such as fish, pork or beef. The grated papaya is squeeze out then combine with carrots, bell pepper, onion and raisins. The vegetables store and refrigerate in a sealed bottle with salt, sugar and vinegar for at least a week to maintain its sweet and sour taste.
2 pieces medium-size green papaya(unripe), peeled and grated
1/2 cup salt
1 piece carrots, julienne
1 piece red bell pepper, julienne
1 large white onion, sliced
1 piece thumb-size ginger, julienne
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon peppercorn
4 cups white vinegar
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1. In a bowl, combine shredded papaya and salt then mix well. Set aside for at least an hour.
2. Pour 1 cup water and place in clean cloth then squeeze out all the juices. Set aside.
1. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and salt then bring to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. In a large bowl, combine the papaya and the rest of the ingredients then mix well.
2. In a large bottle, place the combined vegetables then pour over the vinegar mixture.
3. Seal tight the bottle then refrigerate for at least 7 days before serving. Enjoy:)
Filipino Style Recipe: green chicken curry is popular in Thai cuisines. This is similar to traditional chicken curry but we used Thai green curry in this recipe. Usually the chicken cooked in a blend of Thai green curry and coconut milk then season with fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes.
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams chicken fillets, cut into serving pieces
2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
2 lime leaves
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 bell peppers(green and red), strips(optional)
1 carrot, cubed(optional)
1 cup broccoli flower(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute onion.
2. Add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
3. Pour coconut milk and bring to boil. Add water if needed.
4. Add chicken and vegetables, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until tender.
5. Season with fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
6. Transfer to serving plate then serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: I first tried this dish when we went to Beijing for a vacation. It was winter then, so the spicyness of this dish is perfect for an additional heat. I tried it when I got back home and they loved it. You can adjust the chili garlic sauce depending on how spicy you want it to be. If you are not a fan of green beans, you can replace it with asparagus.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 35 minutes
Good for 4 persons
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
500 grams fresh green beans, trimmed and dried well
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ginger, minced
2 green onions, minced
250 grams ground pork
2 tablespoons Asian chili garlic sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1. In a large work, heat 2 cups of vegetable oil. Carefully add the beans and fry then stirring occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes or until the beans are blistered.
2. Dip the beans out with a strainer and quickly rinse them in cold water.
1. Leave 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and remove some of the oil from the wok. Heat in a medium heat.
2. Saute garlic, ginger, and green onion then add ground pork. Cook and stir the color of pork turn to brown.
3. Add chili garlic sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce and bring to a boil.
1. Mix the cornstarch with the water in a small bowl then pour and stir into the pork mixture
2. Simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
3. Gently stir the green beans into the pork sauce then heat through.
4. Remove from heat, transfer the spicy green beans and pork to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.