Filipino Style Recipe: Higadillo is a common Filipino stew made from pork meat and liver cook and simmer in a thicken sauce together with desired vegetables and ingredients. This can be served as main dish together with steamed rice.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams pork, cut into strips
250 grams pork liver, cut similar to pork
2 potatoes, cut similar to pork
1 medium-sized carrots, cut similar to pork
1 cup lechon sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a skillet, heat oil then fry potatoes and carrots until light brown. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same skillet, reduce oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add pork then continue sauteing for 3 minutes.
3. Add pork liver and ginger powder then stir cook for another 3 minutes or until light brown.
4. Add soy sauce, lechon sauce and water then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add more water if necessary.
5. Put back potatoes and carrots then add vinegar, bring to boil.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste then simmer until thickens.
7. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
1. Alternative to lechon sauce, you may use live spread or breadcrumbs to thicken the sauce.
Filipino Style Recipe: Pork giniling with liver spread or ground pork with liver spread is another easy and simple Pork dish. This dish is similar to adobong pork giniling but we will use liver spread for more flavorful taste. The procedure is simple and easy to follow, we will saute the giniling then cook in together with liver spread, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. We also include fried potatoes and bell pepper as our extenders.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 50 minutes. Good for 2-4 persons.
500 grams ground pork(giniling)
1 small can liver spread
2 pieces medium-sized potatoes, peeled and finely diced
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 pieces medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon grind pepper
salt and sugar to taste
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced(optional)
3 pieces bay leaves(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry the potatoes until slightly brown. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes then add ground pork and cook until light brown.
2. Add liver spread, soy sauce, bay leaf, chili flakes and pepper then cook for 3 minutes.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Stir occasionally.
4. Add fried potatoes then cook until almost dry and start to render oil.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.