Filipino Style Recipe: Higadillo is a common Filipino stew made from pork meat and liver cook and simmer in a thicken sauce together with desired vegetables and ingredients. This can be served as main dish together with steamed rice.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams pork, cut into strips
250 grams pork liver, cut similar to pork
2 potatoes, cut similar to pork
1 medium-sized carrots, cut similar to pork
1 cup lechon sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a skillet, heat oil then fry potatoes and carrots until light brown. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same skillet, reduce oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add pork then continue sauteing for 3 minutes.
3. Add pork liver and ginger powder then stir cook for another 3 minutes or until light brown.
4. Add soy sauce, lechon sauce and water then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add more water if necessary.
5. Put back potatoes and carrots then add vinegar, bring to boil.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste then simmer until thickens.
7. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
1. Alternative to lechon sauce, you may use live spread or breadcrumbs to thicken the sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments