Filipino Style Recipe: Buchi is another typical Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). It is usually made up of sticky rice balls filled with sweet red bean paste. Rolled in sesame seeds then deep fried until golden brown.
1 1/2 cups sweet rice flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sweet red bean paste
1/2 cup sesame seeds
cooking oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and water. Mix well until dough like.
1. Divide a dough into small pieces and make a ball shape.
2. Flatten the center of the dough using your thumb and scoop in at least 1 tablespoon of sweet red bean paste.
3. Fill in the center of dough, seal and roll it until the shape is round.
4. Roll the dough over sesame seeds.
1. In a pan, heat oil and deep fry the dough for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Drain on paper towel then serve.
1. Sweet red bean paste is available in grocery stores. But if you prefer to do it by yourself, here’s the recipe on how to make a sweet red bean paste.
Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken teriyaki is a popular in Japanese cuisine. Normally the chicken marinade then pan-fried with teriyaki sauce until tender.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1/2 kilo chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine chicken and marinade then set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Add cornstarch then mix well. Drain.
1. In a pan, heat oil and stir fry chicken over low heat until cooked.
2. Add teriyaki sauce and water then adjust seasoning according to taste.
3. Simmer a few seconds then remove from heat.
4. Transfer the chicken to serving plate and pour thickened sauce over chicken.
5. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot with sauteed mung beans and steamed rice.