Filipino Style Recipe: paksiw na pata recipe is a Filipino dish basically pork leg cooked in vinegar, soy sauce and dried banana blossom. This recipe has a sweet and sour taste sauce and the meat should almost separates from the bone. The banana blossom makes the recipe well blended that gives an extraordinary taste. This is another mouth-watering main dish that is truly enjoyed by most Filipinos.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 1-2 hours
Good for 5-7 persons
1 pork leg(pata), cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dried banana blossom(bulaklak ng saging), soaked in water
2 bay leaves(laurel)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, sliced
1 teaspoon peppercorn
2 cups water
salt to taste
1. In a pot, place pork leg with water(just enough to cover the meat) then bring to a boil. Strain the meat and discard the water.
1. In a same pot, Put back the pork leg and add enough water to cover the meat. Bring to boil.
2. Add soy sauce, peppercorn, onion and garlic.
3. Simmer over low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until pata is tender and sauce is thickens. Add water if necessary.(Cook in pressure cooker takes 30 minutes).
4. Add vinegar and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the banana blossom and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Add brown sugar and salt to taste. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
7. Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments