Filipino Style Recipe: chili con carne recipe is a spanish dish basically made from chopped or ground beef with dried chili peppers, garlic, onions and cumin. Beans and tomatoes are optional.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-30 minutes
Good for 4 persons
500 grams ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cayenne or chili powder
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 large-sized tomatoes, chopped
1 small can(300 grams) cooked red kidney beans, drained(optional)
1-2 teaspoons dried or fresh oregano(optional)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup beef stock or water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef. Cook over a medium heat until color turns to brown.
2. Saute the onion, garlic and chilli. After sauteing, mix with ground beef and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and tomatoes then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the beans, oregano, cumin, bell pepper and beef stock.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with corn chips.
Powered by Facebook Comments