Filipino Style Recipe: Beef adobo or adobong baka is another variety of popular Filipino adobo. The beef marinated in a blend of soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and sugar then cook and simmer with vinegar until meat is tender and the sauce is almost absorb.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 50-60 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams beef, cut into thin slices
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
3 gloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup water
salt to taste
1. In a pot, combine beef, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns brown sugar, and soy sauce. Marinate for an hour or overnight inside the fridge.
1. Pour water then simmer in a low heat for 40 minutes or until beef is tender.
2. Pour vinegar and simmer for another 5 minutes then season with salt and sugar according to taste.
3. Cook until the sauce is almost absorb and start to render oil.
4. Transfer to serving plate then serve with rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments