Filipino Style Recipe: Pesang tilapia is an easy and simple fish dish similar to nilaga. Commonly the fish boiled until tender then add onion, leeks, peppercorn, salt, potatoes, bok choy or cabbage.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
1 big-sized tilapia or any fish, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, slice thinly
2 onion leeks, chopped
1 teaspoon peppercorns
4 tablespoons fish sauce
1/4 head cabbage or a bunch of pechay
3/4 liter rice washing or water
salt to taste
1 medium-sized potatoes, quartered(optional)
1. In a pot, heat oil then saute ginger, onion and onion leeks.
2. Add potatoes and peppercorns then continue sauteing for a minute.
3. Pour rice washing and bring to boil then season with fish sauce.
4. Add fish then simmer for 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Add cabbage then simmer for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
6. Transfer to serving bowl then serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments