Filipino Style Recipe: Taho or tauhue is another popular Filipino snack originate from Chinese and commonly sold along the streets specially every morning. Taho is usually made of soy beans or extra soft tofu which is available in grocery stores. Traditionally this is usually serve warm with sago pearls and sugar syrup.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes(plus soaking time)
Good for 3-4 glasses
Brown Sugar Syrup(Arnibal):
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla(optional)
1. Soak sago pearls in water for 3 hours then cook in boiling water for 15 minutes or until turn clear.
2. Stir constantly to prevent sticking then drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Set aside
1. In a pan, boil water then add brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well until dissolves. Set aside.
1. In a steamer heat extra soft tofu for 10 minutes or in microwave for 2 minutes.
2. In a glass or bowl, transfer tofu then top with sago pearls and brown sugar syrup. Mix then serve warm.
Powered by Facebook Comments