Filipino Style Recipe: nilagang buto-buto ng baboy or pork ribs stew is another simple soup dish. Pork ribs boiled until tender then add onion, peppercorn, salt, potatoes, cardava banana, cabbage and green beans. This dish is usually serve as main dish specially during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
500 grams pork ribs, cut into serving pieces
7 cups water(add more if necessary)
1 onion, sliced
1/4 teaspoon peppercorn
1 piece pork bouillon cube(optional)
2 potatoes, quartered
3 pieces cardava banana(saging na saba), cut into 3-4 pieces(optional)
1 bundle green beans, trimmed and cut into 3-4inch(optional)
1 bundle bok choy(pechay) or cabbage leaves(repolyo), cut into serving pieces
fish sauce or salt to taste
1. In a large casserole, place meat and add water then bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat or until meat is tender.(Remove the scum as it rises.)
1. Add onion, peppercorn, pork broth cubes and sprinkle some salt.
2. Add banana and potatoes and continue cooking until potatoes are cooked.
3. Add the green beans. Simmer for 3-5 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Add pechay then turn off the heat and leave for about 3 minutes before serving.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy
Powered by Facebook Comments