Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken tinola with sotanghon is a chicken ginger soup with sotanghon noodles. This soup dish is simple and easy to prepared. Like the usual tinolang manok, the chicken sauteed in ginger, garlic and onion until brown then simmered and cooked in rice washing until tender with chayote, chili leaves and sotanghon noodles. This dish is usually serve as main dish specially during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 45-50 minutes.
Good for 4-6 persons.
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 pieces chayote squash(sayote) or green papaya, cut into small pieces
1 cup chili leaves or malunggay leaves
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoon fish sauce(patis)
1 litre of water
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt to taste
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken, fish sauce, ground pepper and continue sauteing until the color chicken turn to light brown.
3. Pour water then simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
4. Add in chayote then continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add sotanghon and simmer for another minute.
6. Add chili leaves then turn off the heat, let stand for a few minutes to cook the leaves.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with steamed or garlic rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments