Filipino Style Recipe: nilagang buto-buto ng baka is an easy yet delicious Filipino soup dish. This soup dish is so simple to prepare but time consuming. The beef simmered for an hour until tender then cooked with corn cob, potatoes, carrots and other veggies. This is so popular and can be served anytime or the best during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 60-80 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
500 grams beef ribs, cut into serving pieces
7 cups water(add more if necessary)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
2 potatoes, quartered
1 bundle bok choy(pechay)
1/2 small cabbage leaves(repolyo), cut into serving pieces
fish sauce or salt to taste
1 piece beef bouillon cube(optional)
1 carrots, cut into serving pieces(optional)
1/2 bundle green beans, trimmed and cut into 3-4inch(optional)
1 Japanese corn cob, cut into serving pieces
1. In a large casserole, place the beef and add water. Set over medium heat and bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. (Remove the scum as it rises.)
2. Add more water if necessary. Pressure cooker only takes 30 minutes.
1. Add onion, peppercorn, beef bouillon cube and sprinkle some salt.
2. Add corn, potatoes, and carrots then continue cooking until cooked.
3. Add the green beans then simmer for 3-5 minutes. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Add cabbage and pechay then simmer for another minute.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy