Filipino Style Recipe: Afritadang bangus or milkfish is another variety of popular Filipino tomato-based stew. Afritada is commonly consist of chicken but we will use milkfish(bangus) for this recipe. The fish comes fried then cooked in tomato sauce together with potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. This dish is usually serve as main dish together with steamed rice.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 big sized milkfish(bangus), slice diagonally into 1 inch thick
1 green bell pepper, slice into strips
1 large potato, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 pack(115 grams) tomato sauce
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1 carrots, sliced(optional)
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry potatoes and carrots until light brown. Drain and set aside.
2. Sprinkle milkfish with salt then fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add bell pepper then continue sauteing for 2 minutes.
3. Pour tomato sauce and water then bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add potatoes, carrots and fried fish then simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments