Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy Salt and Pepper Tofu is another easy and simple dish inspired by Chinese cuisine. The tofu was coated in cornstarch then fried until golden brown. The sauce was made up of sauteed garlic, spring onions, dried chili flakes and other seasonings then tossed together with fried tofu. This can be serve as side dish or appetizer.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes.
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes.
Good for 2-3 persons
400 grams medium firm tofu
3/4 cup cornstarch
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon spring onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
vegetable oil for frying
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pat dry tofu then cut into 1 inch cubes.
2. In another bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper then toss tofu until coat evenly.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry tofu for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, spring onions, dried rosemary and chili flakes.
2. Add soy sauce, brown sugar then cook for a few seconds.
3. Add fried tofu and dried basil then toss.
4. Remove form heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with your favorite dip.
Powered by Facebook Comments