Filipino Style Recipe: Cream dory in sweet soy sauce is another simple and quick fish dish that consists of cream dory cooked in sweet soy sauce made of soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch and sugar. This can be serve together with steamed rice.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1/2 kilo cream dory, cut into cubes
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
salt and pepper to taste
chopped spring onions for garnishing
1. In a pan, arrange fish and ginger then pour enough water. Bring to boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Pour soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and sugar then bring to boil.
3. Add fish then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add dissolved cornstarch then bring to boil while keep stirring.
5. Add ginger powder, chili flakes then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with spring onions. Serve hot!
Powered by Facebook Comments